Behavior and Academic Expectations
We are excited to present a student and staff collaborative effort on defining our behavior and academic expectations.
EXPECTATIONS FOR CLASSROOMS & GENERAL BUILDING: 4B’s ALWAYS
- BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER -- ALWAYS
- Respect for Speaker (stop, focus, eyes on speaker). Don’t start speaking until all eyes are on you and lips are shut,
- Be prompt -- everywhere (start instruction, lunch, specials, and dismissal)
- Walk quietly on the right side of the hallway with hands to yourself (always)!
- Respect for yourself, your classroom, your property and others property.
- 5 minute clean-up prior to dismissal -- EVERYONE
- One person talks at a time, with permission. Do not allow students to “shout out”
- No students in bathrooms or coat areas without permission and without line-of-sight supervision.
- Follow directions
- Be a good listener
- No phones
- No toys
- No hot cheetos, etc. (food sharing)
- Clean up after yourself always
EXPECTATIONS FOR INSTRUCTIONAL LEARNING: 4B’s ALWAYS
- Students know their designated spot/seat and get there quickly
- Show you they are ready to learn -- routine
- Establish a routine/signal/time to take during transitions. Quick, Quick, Quick
- “Ask three before me”
- SLANT (if you need a poster let Teri or Christie know :)
- Learn from your mistakes
- Eyes and ears on your teacher or whoever has permission to talk
- Take pride in your work. Be accountable for your work. Help others when you can (kindness)
- Simple, quality, independent work habits (this must be practiced all year!
- 1-2 step directions are most effective
- DO NOT allow students to interrupt
COMMON EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL….. AND ALWAYS!! 4B’s ALWAYS
- HIGH, HIGH, HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL!!!!!!
- Return to class room/seat/area/etc. without disruption or wasted time
- WALK, WALK, WALK
- Always model the behavior you consistently expect
- HAVE FUN, LAUGH, AND BE REAL WITH KIDS!
- EXPECT manners all the time. . . especially “please” and ‘thank you”
- No students are allowed to go into the office to use the phone for asking about after school plans with friends.
- Quiet, quick transitions
- Everyone should know their purpose for teaching and learning without question!